As a Support Software Developer you will be responsible for working day to day in a small development team to develop and support numerous in-house applications that support many functions within the business to include;
- Product Lifecycle and Publishing
- Order and Payment Processing
- Warehouse and Fulfilment
This role reports into the Software Development Manager
- Develop and support numerous .NET applications, acting as 1st/2nd line support for incidents raised in ServiceNow, ensuring incidents are kept up to date with progress.
- Analyse and resolve incidents raised with existing applications to include documentation of key issues and root cause analysis.
- Communicate with the end user when troubleshooting incidents and gathering further information
- Creation and maintenance of windows and web services.
- Creation of complex T-SQL stored procedures, functions, views, constraints and table schemas.
- Understand business requirements from users and key stakeholders and translate into technical requirements
- Maintain standards set out in the figleaves coding standards, including regularly undertaking Peer to Peer code reviews to maintain quality and standards.
- Contribute to the documentation of all development and existing systems to ensure they can be fully understood and supported by all members of the team.
- Support functional and non-functional testing
- Liaise with suppliers for integrating components externally built.
- Communicate status of development against SLAs and sprints as required.
- Contribute to release management process, providing documentation for change approval and supporting deployments across all environments.
Essential Technical Experience
- 2+ years developing and supporting .NET/SQL Server applications
- .NET 1.1-4.0 (C#.NET) Windows Forms development
- SQL Server 2005+ (T-SQL/Stored Procedures/Views/Functions)
Desirable Technical Experience
- VB6 experience
- Source Control (SVN/TFS)
- ASP.NET Web Services
- Windows Services
The role is based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.
Competitive pension scheme
Free on-site gym
25 days holiday (with the opportunity to buy an extra week!)
Generous staff discount
To apply, please forward a CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role, along with your salary expectations to email@example.com
Please can applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.