Assistant Garment Technologist
Welwyn Garden City
To work through the technical and fitting process of garments from concept through to delivery into the warehouse. To assist in managing the critical path, sampling process as well as gaining further understanding of the whole sealing process, online marketing and website processes. To be proactive in managing fit sessions; ensuring comments are sent to suppliers on a timely basis. To inform and advise suppliers on technical requirements.
- The successful candidate will report to the Technical Manager.
- They will work alongside the buying and merchandising teams to ensure the critical path is maintained.
- To support the members of the buying team to ensure they have the correct knowledge to be able to support the buying process.
- They will ensure that the Technical Manager is informed of issues at all times.
- To be aware of social responsibility and of Green and Ethical issues.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
- To ensure that through product quality and technical innovation Figleaves product becomes the destination brand for customers wishing to purchase women's and men's product.
- To ensure that technical function does not impact on the sampling budget through unnecessary work.
- Sampling must not impact on cost price.
- To control and ensure we have right first time sampling through the information issued to suppliers.
- Ensure product quality is outstanding.
- To understand the warehouse processes and how that can impact on the critical path.
- To maintain and control the work books that suppliers use.
- Ensure fit comments and size chart information is documented correctly.
- To work with the supply base from a technical point in order that they are proactive in servicing our account with regards to sampling / interpreting the fit comments / technical communication etc.
- Knowledge of the ETI base code would be advantageous.
- Managing Test reports.
- Monitoring returns and advise what action may be required.
- To be aware of technical innovations through comparative shopping and benchmarking other product.
- To be involved in critical path meetings to ensure that the approval process is as smooth as possible.
- Use knowledge and expertise to develop the product.
- Work with buyer and manager to engineer product to deliver customer expectations and margin requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Technical, pattern and construction knowledge in women's and men's product areas would be advantageous, including risk assessment.
- Knowledge of grading patterns would be an advantage.
- Team player working across differing levels within the business and be able to communicate across different functions.
- Must be IT literate in Excel and word.
- Must be able to think proactively to be able to foresee potential issues, but also to think on their feet.
- Knowledge and understanding of the whole supply chain from concept through to warehousing would be advantageous.
To apply please forward your CV and send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
Please can applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information please refer to our website www.figleaves.com