Garment Technologist Ė Lingerie (Maternity Cover)
Welwyn Garden City
To manage the technical and fitting process of garments from concept through to delivery into the warehouse. They will be proactive in managing fit sessions; ensuring comments are sent to suppliers on a timely basis. To inform and advise suppliers on technical requirements.
This is a full time role to cover maternity leave for a period of up to 12 months, starting from August 2014.
The successful candidate will report to the Technical Manager.
They will work alongside the buying and merchandising teams to ensure the critical path is maintained. To support the members of the buying team to ensure they have the correct knowledge to be able to support the buying process. They will ensure that the Technical Manager is informed of issues
To be aware of social responsibility and to have knowledge of the Green and Ethical issues.
Must have a strong customer focus
To ensure that through product quality and technical innovation Figleaves product becomes the destination brand for customers wishing to purchase womenís and Menís product
To ensure that technical function does not impact on the sampling budget through unnecessary work.
Sampling must not impact on cost price.
To control and ensure we have right first time sampling through the information issued to suppliers
- Ensure product quality is outstanding.
- To maintain and control the work books that suppliers use.
- Ensure fit comments and size chart information is documented correctly.
- To manage the supply base from a technical point in order that they are proactive in servicing our account with regards to sampling / interpreting the fit comments / technical communication etc
- To have a knowledge of the ETI base code and how Sedex operates.
- To ensure that Figleaves is using industry leading Technology to create a premium product.
- To maximise the critical path to ensure that the approval process is as smooth as possible and that returns are kept to an absolute minimum
- Uses knowledge and expertise to develop the product. To ensure we are using the correct supply base to make the product and to be able to advise the buying team
- Work with buyer to engineer product to deliver customer expectations and margin requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Technical, pattern and construction knowledge in all areas of lingerie product areas (this could include swimwear, and core and DD+ product) including risk assessment.
- Must have grading knowledge and be able to produce a spec for designers to add to their new designs
- Team player working across differing levels within the business and be able to communicate across different functions
- Must be IT literate in Excel and word
- Knowledge of Sedex and the ETI base code
- Must be able to think proactively to be able to foresee potential issues, but, also to think on their feet
- To have extensive knowledge of the supply base and Figleaves requirements with in this
- Also to have knowledge and understanding of the whole supply chain from conception through to warehousing.
To apply please forward your CV and send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please can applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information please refer to our website www.figleaves.com