Welwyn Garden City
Working closely with the Merchandiser to identify and develop the department strategy to deliver the Company KPIs. Working with the Buyer to build a range that delivers the strategy and KPIs, and is customer focussed.
Playing a key role in developing and leading the team to maximise profitability in season through trading and review, with the support and guidance of the Merchandiser.
- Drive department strategy alongside the Buying and Online Merchandising teams.
- Working alongside the Buying team to build strong, focussed ranges for customers that are in line with and reflective of the strategy.
- Developing a clear Events plan for department to drive sales with planned stocks.
- Ongoing and regular review of range to maximise sales and reduce risk.
- Ensure robust planning on department to manage KPIs, stock and buy.
- Working with the Buying team to ensure there is a robust Supply Base to deliver the KPIs.
- Conducts regular reviews with suppliers alongside the Buying team.
- Ensuring that the Buying and Merchandising Calendar is in place and regularly reviewed.
- Ensuring robust trading practices on department.
- Ensuring availability for the Customer.
- Improve ways of working and processes.
- Produce business analysis to support business decisions.
- Ensuring the WSSI is up to date and that sales and stocks are managed according to sales trends.
- Effectively managing other team members, including managing upwards.
- A team clear on their objectives and how they are performing against them.
- A strong performing team that is being developed.
- Effective communication with team members at all levels.
- Foster effective relationships with other areas of the business.
- Achieve the budgets
- Terminal Stock
- Intake Margin
- Wealth of experience at Assistant Merchandiser level, or entry level Junior Merchandiser experience – gained within fashion / clothing department
- Degree preferable but not an absolute must
- Experience of managing TM/AM
- Excel skills at intermediate level
- Experience in sales forecasting (WSSI), intake management, markdown proposals, analysis of history for planning purposes eg colour analysis
- Communication – share information / analysis with team, participation in team meetings
To apply please forward your CV and send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
Please can applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information please refer to our website www.figleaves.com