Web Development Manager
Welwyn Garden City
This business facing role is closely aligned with IT and is focussed on planning, developing and delivering innovative new functionality, helping to drive business growth, and give our customers exceptional, simple and intuitive experience across all devices and regions.
The role reports into the Senior Web & Insights Manager.
- Drive and deliver new innovative and responsive site features to improve the customer journey across all devices and regions.
- Manage the delivery of the businesses web development strategy and associated building blocks, ensuring projects come in on time and budget.
- Work with the Web & Customer Insight Analyst to track the performance of all new site developments, benchmarking performance against forecasts.
- Manage the delivery of the business web development strategy.
- Maintain and manage the web development backlog and release plan.
- Work with key stakeholders to define the scope for all web development projects. Proposing innovative, intuitive and scalable solutions.
- Develop wireframes for all initiatives ensuring all devices and regions are considered and the user experience adheres to industry best practice.
- Create detailed user stories and acceptance criteria for all initiatives, liaising with IT teams to refine and sign off before development begins.
- Work with our IT and testing functions to develop robust testing plans, ensuring all projects are fully tested and signed off before being released to the customer.
- Work with IT to prioritise and resolve all known go live bugs before handing project over to the business.
- Work with the Web Trading Manager to prioritise the delivery of known errors and service desk requests.
- Work with the Creative Manager to prioritise the delivery of assets for all Web Development initiatives.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to prioritise web development backlog and assign work to each sprint.
- Attend regular stand ups, web grooming and retrospective meetings with stakeholders as the key day to day business representative.
- Feed into the overall business program office updating weekly status reports and changes to delivery.
- Review our processes ongoing to improve our ways of workings to make the development cycle more effective and efficient.
- Research and learn from key competitors and leading e-Commerce websites, proposing innovative, intuitive and scalable opportunities.
- Keep the business up to date with key initiatives and projects.
- Liaise with peers from all functions to ensure efficient and timely delivery of the business objectives.
- Digital Marketing
- 4+ years experience of e-Commerce
- Experience of web analytics
- Experience of UX and wire framing
- Experience of working with SCRUM
- Experience of managing project backlogs and release plans
- Experience of generating user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience of user acceptance testing
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong eye for detail
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Experience within the fashion sector
- Experience with Bugzilla
To apply please forward you CV and send a covering letter explaining why you are a suitable for the role to email@example.com
Please can applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information please refer to our website www.figleaves.com