Welwyn Garden City
As a Software Developer you will be responsible for working day to day in a small development team to deliver applications roadmap in response to the wider business goals and vision.
You will be involved in the full development lifecycle and will be accountable for all applications across Figleaves from both a development, support and maintenance perspective, including;
- Product Lifecycle and Publishing
- Order and Payment Processing
- Warehouse and Fulfilment
This role reports into the Software Development Team Lead.
- Support the development manager on creating the final solution and agreeing deadlines and quality criteria.
- Understand business requirements from users and key stakeholders and translate into technical requirements.
- Contribute to the estimation process for all development tasks within the backlog.
- Contribute to the design and development of complex applications including new software development and enhancements to and maintenance of existing software.
- Maintain standards set out in the Figleaves coding standards, including regularly undertaking Peer to Peer code reviews to maintain quality and standards.
- Contribute to the documentation of all development and existing systems to ensure they can be fully understood and supported by all members of the team.
- Support functional and non-functional testing.
- Liaise with suppliers for integrating components externally built.
- Communicate status of development against sprints and project plans.
- Contribute to release management process, providing documentation for change approval and supporting deployments across all environments.
- Contribute to analysis and resolution of incidents with existing applications to include documentation of key issues and root cause analysis.
- Technical Experience
- C# (.NET 1.1 – 4.0)
- Strong T-SQL
- WCF/Web services
- VBA (Access/Excel) and Office 365 Experience
- Source Control (preferably SVN)
- Basic database admin skills
- The Person
- Experience in a software development role
- Experienced working within a software delivery life cycle
- Understands structured development methods and processes
- Can use databases and servers competently
- Is analytical and effective – good at problem solving
- Is Innovative and helps resolves problems in a timely manner
- Pays attention to detail
- Able to manage their time effectively
- Demonstrates consistent teamwork
- Can prepare concise and clear documentation
- Is articulate and can communicate effectively to colleagues and stakeholders
- Plans and prioritizes tasks
- Able to work effectively in Agile and Waterfall development projects
To apply please forward your CV and send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please can applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.