Welwyn Garden City
The Test Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our software development is fit for our customers and internal users through generation of test scripts and checking for quality and accuracy. You will be expected to liaise with a cross function of the IT Team as well as product owners to ensure all testing criteria are fulfilled.
Ideally you will be proficient in the engineering aspects of software, as the role will involve gathering of requirements, generation of test scripts and test plans, integration with software components and feedback to both the test process and the other teams. The successful candidate will have the ability to maintain rigorous compliance with project deliverables and industry standards.
The role has no direct reports.
The role reports to the Development Manager.
- Create a test strategy, prepare end-to-end test plan and scripts and execute that plan based on functional documents
- Liaising with the Project Manager and Development Teams to feed Testing requirements in at project conception.
- Providing feedback to the development teams to ensure defects are prioritized and resolve as appropriate
- Conducting risk assessments if a risk based test approach is required
- Liaising with suppliers for components not developed internally
- Communicating the status of testing, and implications to the relevant release of open defects
- Sign off for all software development, ensuring quality of all new releases.
- Experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable knowledge of QA concepts and methodologies: System testing, Integration/Regression/Load/performance testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Manual and automated testing
- Is analytical and effective
- Resolves problems in a timely manner
- Pays attention to detail
- Able to manage their time effectively
- Demonstrates consistent teamwork
- Can preparing concise and clear documentation
- Is articulate and can communicate effectively to colleagues and stakeholders
- Plans and prioritises tasks
- Able to work effectively in Agile and Waterfall development projects
- Understanding of SQL with ability to query database tables is beneficial
To apply please forward your CV and send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
Please can applicants confirm their eligibility to work in the UK.