Welcome to Figleaves. Figleaves.com is owned and operated by JD Williams & Company Ltd (“J D Williams”) (referred to in these terms as “Figleaves”, “us”, “our” and “we”). We provide access to the figleaves.com website (“Website”) and sell our products to you subject to the conditions set out on this page.
Please read these conditions carefully before using the website as by using the website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions. You might also like to print a copy so that you can remind yourself what you agreed to.
1. Your Account
When you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer and preventing unauthorised access to your account.
Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and let us know immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering.
Figleaves reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion. If we cancel an order, it will be without charge to you.
3. Copyright and Trademarks
All content included on this website, such as photographs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images and software, is the property of JD Williams & Company Limited, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by intellectual property laws in England and Internationally.
Figleaves and its exclusive brands, logos and imageries indicated on our website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Figleaves and may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Figleaves', in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, disparages or discredits Figleaves.
4. Our Contract
When you place an order to purchase a product from Figleaves, we will send you an email confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order including cost of delivery. You can find out more about delivery costs here.
Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we despatch that product to you and is confirmed by an email we send to you confirming that we have despatched the goods (the ‘Despatch Confirmation Email’). Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Despatch Confirmation Email do not form part of that contract.
You can review the orders you have placed and their current status, including tracking numbers, at any time by clicking ‘Sign Up/My Account’ from the homepage at www.figleaves.com.You are seeking to enter into a contract with JD Williams, when you place an order.
Please see our Return and Cancellation policy which applies to products purchased from us.
6. Pricing and Availability
The availability information for products sold are included on each product information page. Please note that we cannot guarantee despatch dates and all despatch dates given are estimates. In the event that the product you ordered is unavailable we will let you know by email.
We describe every item on our website as accurately as we can. However, occasionally product descriptions or pricing errors occur. If after you have submitted your order we discover such an error or the item ordered becomes unavailable, we will do our best to inform you at the earliest opportunity. You may then choose whether to proceed with your order or cancel it. If we cannot contact you, we may treat your order as cancelled.
All promotion codes apply to full priced items only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Promotions exclude sale, outlet and the following brands:
Free delivery offers apply to standard delivery to UK addresses only.
To redeem a promotion code online, enter code at Your Shopping Bag and click Apply. Your discount will be applied if your basket meets the requirements.
- Promotion codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new order placed with Figleaves.
- Promotion codes cannot be used against orders for gift cards.
- Promotion codes are only valid for a limited time while stocks last and may be withdrawn without notice at any time.
- Only one promotion code can be used per order.
- Promotion codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, including 3 for 2 offers.
- Offer is not valid on sale items or other discounted items. Please note, this also applies for our email sign up 10% off promotion code.
In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value, less any shipping, gift wrap or gift card costs charged on the original order, will be returned to the customer. The promotional discount will not be applied to replacement items - if the offer is still valid at the time of making a return, you should place a new order using the original promotional code.
In the event of any return meaning that the order no longer qualifies for the promotion advertised, figleaves.com reserves the right to deduct the value of the offer from the refund.
In promotions offering a free or discounted item when purchasing multiple items, the discount will be applied to the cheapest item.
In save when you spend promotions, the offer does not include delivery charges.
Promotion codes found in Figleaves catalogues may only apply to items advertised in the catalogue.
Review Emails: One lucky winner will be selected at random from all reviews written in the previous month.Figleaves reserves the right to decline orders where, in its opinion, a promotion code is invalid for the order being placed.
Figleaves reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Win your wishlist competition: One winner will be selected; wishlist can be up to the value of £1,000; one quantity per item can be added to wishlist; you must be registered or sign up to receive Figleaves emails. All standard competition terms apply.
Standard terms and conditions:
- Entry is open to all except employees (and their families) of Figleaves, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or inaudible (if made by phone) will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- Figleaves reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, Figleaves reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Figleaves relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Figleaves reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged Figleaves reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
When ordering goods from Figleaves for delivery outside of the UK the recipient may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are payable once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges must be borne by the recipient and Figleaves cannot advise on any customs taxes.
We would like our international customers to note that we are obliged to declare the full value of goods on all packages shipped outside the EU and all cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
If delivery can't be completed due to unpaid import duties, when the parcel comes back to us a £20 fee may be deducted from your refund to cover the return charges and fees that we're billed by the carrier.
Prices on our site are the same for all customers worldwide. For UK customers this includes VAT at the current rate. For all other customers the price you see is the price you pay.
For customers in the Channel Isles* we will, on request, refund the VAT on any items from your order which you keep. Once you've received your order, let us know within 3 months which items you'll be keeping and we'll refund the applicable VAT amount back to your card within 30 days.
*Alderney, Guernsey, Herm, Jersey, Sark
11. Storing card details
If you agree to store your payment card it will make checkout faster the next time you shop with us. Any authorisations will only be related to the order you place – we won’t make any additional charges to your card.
If for any reason additional funds are required - for example, if you want to make an exchange for a more expensive item - a member of our customer care team will contact you to take payment.
You are able to remove your payment card details at any time via My Account.
Figleaves does not sell products for purchase to persons under the age of 18.
13. Electronic Communications
When you visit Figleaves.com or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the website.
For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that those communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
14. Alteration of Service or Amendments to the Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable it will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining conditions.
15. Events beyond our Reasonable Control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any event which is beyond our reasonable control.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subjected to exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. Image Use Agreement
We love your image or other content and we think other people would like to see your look! Whilst your consider allowing us to publish your content, we want to make sure you know exactly how we plan to use it.
You can provide your permission for Figleaves by tagging us @figleavesofficial and using #YesFigleaves on your social media post (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other). By granting us your permission, you acknowledge and warrant that you own the content and that there are no other parties who have ownership claims over the content. This means that you allow Figleaves to have a non-exclusive and non-revocable commercial right to reproduce this content in any form that they so desire. This may be but is not limited to; social media pages, blog posts, emails, website and display. Figleaves will make commercially reasonable efforts to acknowledge and credit you for your content. Figleaves will also offer a link back to your content, however you agree that credit is in no way compulsory and that your consent not dependant on your content being credited.
You also agree to waive any rights in regards to any finished work that incorporates the content or the copy. Furthermore, you waive any claims to royalties with regards to your content or our finished work. If you don’t agree to these terms, we are in complete understanding and no further action is required. We are delighted to see that Figleaves are a part of your page and we are excited to see any new content that you choose to share with us. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
18. Our Details
Figleaves.com is a trading name of JD Williams and Company Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales with registration number 0178367.
You can contact us by post through our offices in Welwyn Garden City:
29 Broadwater Road
Welwyn Garden City
Or through our registered office:
40 Lever Street
VAT Reg. No. GB 148 8796 03